Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Nut on My Family Tree

I am a self-proclaimed genealogy geek.  I think there is some genetic disposition towards this.  I had great examples in my own extended family.  My great-aunt, Nellie Bechtol Patterson, kept records for the Bechtol family.  It was always called the Bechtol book.  It was more of a booklet.  It rests in one of my Bechtol file folders.  I used it more before there was such a thing as the Internet and Ancestry.com.  Considering the size of the family, it was a great undertaking - especially in the pre-computer days.  Over 100 years ago Leonard Asire penned the Conrad family tree, a copy of which hangs beside my desk in the den.  My mother kept baby books for each of us.  I have scrapbooks of pictures and documents that provide the framework for the story that each family has.  A few months ago my husband began a blog to share stories of his ancestors.  It inspired me and was one of the reasons I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon.  As I gather my thoughts and ideas look for upcoming pictures and stories of those who occupy the many twigs and branches of the family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment