Friday, February 11, 2011

Just Around the Corner . . .

I spotted this when I went outside yesterday!  That can only mean that spring is around the corner.  I will be glad to say good-bye to winter.  I am always grateful for the snow that falls in our mountains to provide us with our water for the upcoming year.  But I do not enjoy the cold nor the inversions that often blanket our valleys.  But spring -  it is my favorite season.  I love the smells of spring - hyacinths blooming, wet soil and the freshly mown grass.  I love the buds beginning to burst on the fruit trees.  I love being able to open the windows and hear the birds chirping and children playing outside.  Oh, the joys of springtime!

1 comment:

  1. Ditto! I was driving it the car yesterday and every song that reminds me of summer came on! I am also definitely read for some nice weather. Pretty nice today!

    ReplyDelete