Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In Our Lovely Centerville

We have lived in our home for over 28 years.  I love Centerville.

This is the view out my front window.


 This is what I see from my kitchen window at night. 

But today we are experiencing the only thing I dislike about this beautiful place.  East winds!  It is 13 degrees outside with 30-50 mph winds.  I shudder to think of what that wind chill factor is right now.  We have experienced hurricane-force winds in the past.  It has ripped shingles off our roof, the front door off its hinges, and a shed off of a cement pad.  We saw one piece of that shed the next morning and wondered if the rest of it was resting at the bottom of the Great Salt Lake!  These winds are to continue through the night.  Guess I'll have to pop in the ear plugs tonight.

1 comment:

  1. today I saw sunshine so I thought I would be able to take Abigail on a walk. I opened the door, and quickly closed it when I realized how cold it was out there. :( I am very, VERY ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete