Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do You Remember?

We were just finishing dinner this evening - reminding each other not to forget to call and wish Megan a "Happy Birthday" tomorrow.  The phone rings. Not the 5:00 p.m. phone call.  6:00 p.m. instead.   I guessed right - Megan.  "Do you remember . . ."  It took a minute to dig down into the deep recesses of my half-century old brain to come up with the recipe for a salad/dessert I used to make.  It was one that my kids liked and is very easy:

1 can fruit cocktail
1 lg. can pineapple chunks
1 small can mandarin oranges
2 bananas sliced
1 box (4-serving size) instant lemon pudding

Drain most of the juice off of the canned fruit.  Add bananas and stir together.  Sprinkle dry pudding over all of the fruit and stir, making sure all of the pudding is dissolved.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Megan!  You're the best Valentine gift I've ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment