Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Conversation

Summer is over and that means I get to spend Tuesday mornings with Cole and Emory.  Crystal drops them off at about 9:00 a.m.  They hadn't been here very long before the following exchange begins:

Cole:  I am hungry.  I need a snack.

Me:  What would you like?

Cole:  I don't know.

(I do know what he wants, but I tried to get him to eat something different)

Me:  Would you like some fruit snacks?  (opening the pantry door)

Cole:  Those aren't fruit snacks.  I don't want those.

(Oops, they were Costco dried fruit which he does like)

Me: How about some tomatoes?  (We have delicious cherry tomatoes)

Cole:  Cole doesn't like tomatoes.  Cole likes French fries.  (According to his Mom he won't eat them)

Me:  Well, I'm not sure what you would like . . .

Cole:  Open the refrigerator door and let's check it out.

He knows I keep green yogurt which he has to eat with a purple spoon.  Soon he was a happy boy having eaten his "yogrut".




No comments:

Post a Comment