Thursday, September 18, 2014

Beach Fun

Megan wanted to take us to a different beach this time - Carpinteria.  She said we had to see the amazing sunsets.  She was right!

 
I love the sounds and smells of the ocean.  I love the mist and walking in the sand.  It is so calming and relaxing.  It is also fun to play.
 
 The week before we came to California we had seen a special on TV about the movie Frozen.  Ever since that time the song "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" keeps coming into my brain.  It surfaced again on the beach and I wondered if we could build a sand snowman.  This was the best we could come up with.  She was charming.  We used bits of seaweed for her hair.  There was a long strand of another type of seaweed that we wrapped around her waist.  Some of the seaweed looked like carrots and that is what we used for the nose.  Lizzy and I had done most of the sculpting and Lincoln came and helped us put the hair and finishing touches on.  When we left she stood as a sentinel.  I'm sure she washed away with the next tide.

Do you want to build a sandman?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment