Sunday, September 21, 2014

Oddities in the Garden

We found some interesting things growing in the garden this year.  If I missed going down for a day or two I never knew what I'd uncover.


The zucchini on the left was larger than normal, but the one on the right was a 10 pounder.  That blimp went right to the trash can.  That's even too big for grilled stuffed zucchini, which has become one of our favorite ways to use the zukes.  Here is a link for the grill instructions.  The beauty of this recipe is the versatility.  I have used rotisserie chicken, hamburger, pork, quinoa, rice, a variety of veggies, spices and cheese.  So good!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/08/grilled-stuffed-zucchini/
Sometimes my tomatoes get wedged around the wire cage and come up with the oddest shapes.  We were debating what this one looked like.  It made me think of a vulture.  It you twisted it a little it looked like a lopsided mustache.  It has been a good year for the tomatoes.  We have picked close to 3 bushels and they are still producing quite well.  Lots of salsa and spaghetti sauce lining our shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment