Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Fever and March Madness

March - the month that supposedly comes in like a lion and exits like a lamb.  Many times it is the complete opposite.  Winter fighting to extend itself while spring is struggling to emerge.  I look forward to March each year for two reasons:  1)  the beginning of the gardening season and 2) the NCAA tournament.  Saturday morning Kevin tilled a small portion on the north side of the garden so that I could plant peas.  It was a windy morning.  Lewis, my next door neighbors' new dog, was outside running around and trying to keep the glove away from the three children who were trying to catch him.  They made me laugh.  It took me a little longer to get the seeds planted because I frequently paused to watch and wonder if this new puppy would ever run out of energy!  I got the peas planted and came inside so that in the afternoon we could watch the basketball games.  We were happy when BYU beat Gonzaga to advance to the Sweet 16.  San Diego State, another team in our conference, also advanced.  We enjoyed cheering for the underdogs and seeing a number one seed, Pittsburgh, fall to Butler. 

Also this week, I decided March Madness had more to do than just basketball games.  For example, the last two weeks some of the cubs in our Wolf Den have been off the wall - Kevin said that this gave March Madness a whole new meaning - thank you for making me laugh when I was a bit grumpy.  Second March Madness - planting peas in weather so cold that it numbed my hands.  Shortly after I was done and inside, it began to snow!  Third March Madness - doing a load of laundry and having two new shirts "bleed" onto each other.  As I pulled them out of the washing machine on Saturday it looked like bleach had been poured on them.  I was not a happy camper.  BIZ to the rescue!  They definitely hadn't bled onto each other.  I had washed them on a hand wash cycle and my best guess is that in a rest period they had extra soap on them and were pressed against each other.  I don't know, but I am glad that there was enough BIZ in the box to fix that mess.  Have you had your dose of March Madness yet?


1 comment:

  1. My March madness not only comes from basketball and spring break but it also stems off the beginning of the new soccer season! I love RSL and am glad the games have started. I also enjoy looking forward to General Conference at the beginning of April. Nice little anticipation.

    ReplyDelete