Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration

 

No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary as they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord: “Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen” (Luke 24:5–6).  With this pronouncement, those who have lived and died, those who now live and one day will die, and those yet to be born and yet to die had just been rescued.  As the result of Christ’s victory over the grave, we shall all be resurrected.  (Thomas S. Monson)

I love Easter.  As I struggled to begin to express what it means to me, I went back to President Monson's words.  He puts into words the feelings of my heart.  Knowing that this life is not the end but a prelude of better things to come helps me put into perspective challenges and trials that come in this life.   It gives me hope and fills my soul with peace.


 Sharing the story of Easter with the children was a highlight of the day's activities.  My Mother commented on how quiet and attentive they were.  I was impressed with how much they knew about this sacred event - they have been taught well by their parents. 



We had the traditional egg hunt.  It was chilly outside so we did it upstairs.  Each of the children had their own color of eggs to look for, so all of them wound up with the same amount.   Being the Cougar fan that he is, Ross always chooses blue!

Lizzy's favorite colors are pink and purple, so she was happy for the pink eggs.  Lincoln didn't really care - he was just excited each time he found one that was green.



 
Reading their new Easter books to Great-grandma and Uncle Brian.

I love the two belly pictures!





No chocolate eggs for Benson this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment