Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Emory's Take

Today was Tuesday and that means a morning with Cole and Emory.  Cole was sick last week and I missed having them here.  As usual, the morning started with looking for Waldo, or "Wah-doe" as Emory calls him.  She is pretty smart and sometimes spots him before Cole does.  I like to see what they remember from the week before.  Cole noticed the owls with the glasses - silly.  He could not remember that they eat mice, but when I told him he reminded me that his Dad does NOT eat mice.  Emory jabbers away and I understand some of what she says.  Cole's thumb is in his mouth and her binky is in hers.  Out it pops and she says "Bink".  Obviously short for binky, right?  No.  She let me know it was not binky.  Finally I figured it out - she was telling me pink - that her binky is pink.  And it is.  I asked Cole if his thumb was pink from sucking on it and he said, "no, it's copper".   We get a good chuckle when I relate their antics to Kevin as we visit about our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment