Friday, February 3, 2012

Here We Go Again . . .

I woke up at 5:15 a.m. to a very familiar and unwelcome noise.  I put my earplugs in and hoped by the time I got up to stay that the noise would be gone.  Not so.  The dreaded east winds had returned and with it lots of loud, unidentifiable noises.  I opened the blinds on the west side and looked out the bedroom window.  Here is what I saw.


Yes, those are the brand new shingles from the roof.


I had that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and wondered what I would discover when I opened the blinds in the kitchen. 


No, we are not trying to grow a new crop in the garden.  Maybe that was one of the mystery noises that I heard this morning.



I looked out the window and what did I see?  Shingles hanging in the apricot tree.


There is also some damage on the south side, but this area seems to be where those winds really catch the shingles.  So, I called the roofing company and they had someone here very quickly.  Should have it fixed up again before too long.  Wind, wind, go away.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they didn't charge you seeing as they obviously didn't lay them very well!

    ReplyDelete